Sometimes I feel like having fast food. That, however, does not mean that I end up in one of the notorious fast food joints. Oh, well, ok, once in a while I do, but I invariably leave dissatisfied: the thought of eating there is always better than actually eating there. My home made version of "junk food" tastes so much better and what's more - it's even healthy.
Potato wedges with dips
- 2 large potatoes per person
- some dried rosemary
- potato wedges spice mix (available from supermarkets, leave it out if you're feeling super-virtuous)
- freshly ground black pepper
I like to serve the potato wedges with vegetable sticks or lightly steamed veggies (such as broccoli florets) and dips made from fromage frais (preferably low fat, it's thicker, use low fat greek yoghurt if you can't get hold of fromage frais) and
- a little mayonnaise
- a few drops of tabasco and
- a teaspoon of cognac
- plenty of chopped parsley and chives
- salt and pepper.