Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pastel dinner


Hardly a weekend goes by at our house without fish. Last week I had bought some salmon fillet steaks which I was going to fill with some fresh goats' cheese and then cook in the oven. Seeing the lovely chèvre didn't make it until sunday night I had to find something else. Overcome by sudden laziness, I settled on

Mustard-marinated salmon on braised fennel (serves 2)

  • 2 salmon steaks, each about 120g
  • 2 tablespoons mustard
  • 1 tablespoon white wine
  • half a tablespoon olive oil
  • a litte thyme, fresh or dried
Mix the mustard, white wine, olive oil and herbs. Spread the marinade over the fish. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°, place the fish in a oven-proof dish and bake for about 15 minutes.

I served it on a bed of braised fennel, accompanied by perfume rice. A perfect non-fuss sunday dinner.

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

mmm...braised fennel sounds great!