Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ham and cheese baguette with honey mustard and basil


I saw several very yummy sandwiches over at my new favourite read Cloudberry Quark and I realised that I hardly ever eat sandwiches. Surprising, really, considering that I usually take a packed lunch to work and that sandwiches travel so well. I really should give them more credit. The ham and cheese baguette with honey mustard and basil was great start, I thought. The bread - a wholemeal baguette with linseeds and sunflower seeds - was still warm when I bought it and literally begged to be made into this sandwich. What can I say - definitely the beginning of a wonderful (rekindled) friendship.

Ham and cheese baguette with honey mustard and basil
(makes 1 sandwich)

  • one large piece of your favourite baguette- wholemeal is best I think
  • 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 slice of good-quality ham
  • 1 slab of mild cheese, I used scamorza
  • 1-2 basil leaves
Cut the bread in half and butter both sides. Stir the mustard and honey together and spread onto the buttered bread. Lay the ham and cheese on one slice and top with the basil leaves. Other slice on top and enjoy.

No comments: