Monday, September 03, 2007

Apple torte


It never ceases to amaze me just how many fantastic food blogs are out there. Every week, I discover new ones I haven't seen before even though they have been around for ages (unlike my own humble beurre et pain). One of my recent discoveries is Cook (almost) anything of which I can safely say that I'd quite happily make every single recipe posted. Let me sing a praise to the world wide web: a few random clicks and there I was with all those gorgeous recipes at my disposal. Happy. And while I often just drool over other people's dishes or bookmark them, yet never get round to actually trying them, I didn't hesitate when I saw the recipe for apple torte on the said blog. I printed it out and made it the same night. I substituted the granny smith, which over here is always imported from far-flung places such as South Africa or Chile for the local Elstar, a tart, crisp apple. One of my favourites so I want to make most of it while it's in season. The torte? Simply amazing. A winner. Truly delicious and I've said many times that I was going to make something again and never have but I know that this time I will. And it doesn't end here. I'm not through with my new favourite food blog. Just look at this polenta and ricotta cake or this brown sugar-nut bundt cake. If anyone's looking for me, I'll be near the oven.

No comments: