Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Andalucia

The Boyfriend and I went to Andalucia for our holidays. The region was everything I ever imagined it to be and more: Scorching sun and blue skies, chalk-white houses, curious rock formations and snow-covered peaks in the Sierra Nevada, breathtakingly beautiful, finely chiselled ornaments in the buildings dating back to the moorish period and stretches of sandy beaches with only a handful of bathers here and there. We drove around for ten days with our rental car, discovering places neither the Boyfriend or I had ever been to before. Sometimes it felt like we were the first or even the only ones ever visiting a place - we weren't, obviously - but the quiet we encountered before the beginning of the summer holidays gave that impression. Rarely have I felt so acutely aware of how lucky I am to have found someone who loves me like the Boyfriend does and how happy he makes me. Did it matter that the food was often rather mediocre, drenched in oil and somewhat, um, boring? It didn't. Quinoa doesn't stand a chance against great love.

1 comment:

wheresmymind said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!