Monday, August 11, 2008

Countdown running


The husband and I are going to get married in church in one month (we had the civil ceremony in july, it's compulsory to have that first here). A few weeks ago, I went to the first fitting of my wedding dress, a slim-cut, silk empire-line dress with lace covering the gown from my bust down. I put it on and it fit perfectly, there was no need for altering. The shop assistant was all excited saying that the dresses hardly ever fitted right away and that I would save a lot of money. I immediately bought very expensive underwear. The dress is still at the shop as the clever shop assistant scheduled a second fitting anyway "in case something happens". What she meant was probably "in case you should start eating two large chocolate macaroons per day and not fit into your dress in september". I have no macaroon habit but still, I feel that lately I've eaten more sweets than I usually do so until september, I will not eat any sugar, i.e. won't add it to my food or eat cakes, pastries, chocolate etc. until the wedding day. Not only do I want to look amazing in september, I also want to feel amazing. I'll also reduce my intake of caffeine and alcohol but the sugar, I will cut out altogether. I installed twitter (see right sidebar) and keep you posted on how I'm doing.

P.S. Unfortunately, twitter doesn't seem to work as it should on IE7. The bug should be fixed soon, in the meantime, best use another browser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wedding details to attend to can definitely push a woman towards some sugar. ;) Good job on focusing on your health!

Honeybee said...

Indeed they can!