Monday, January 08, 2007

This year, I dare


Both Anne from Anne's Food and Ilva from Lucullian Delights have listed a number of culinary challenges they hope to achieve in 2007. I'm normally very much opposed to new year's resolutions - they are so big, so significance-laden that failure is just lurking around the corner. I'm much more for trying to change things as you go along during the year. But these food-resolutions are fun and I really wanted to join in so I started to think what I would want to do in 2007. I have come up with just one thing, which may seem easy enough, but it's big for me: I will make one new dish from one of my numerous (many never used yet) cookbooks every week. I wonder whether I will be able to keep this up. I'll keep track of my challenge - in posts and the new category on the top sidebar of my blog right below the Ephemera picture.

5 comments:

Anne said...

That's a great challenge indeed! Good luck! :)

Ilva said...

Admirable! Looking forward to it!

wheresmymind said...

Gettin on board with challenges is a cool thing...never really done too much of it myself

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you make from Falling Cloudberries! I have that books too and I love it! :)

Pille said...

Hi Honeybee! How are you keeping up with your one-new-recipe-from-cookbook-a-week challenge so far? It would be interesting to know:)