I had come across a recipe for pasta with a truffle-scented asparagus sauce in Kochen, a monthly food magazine I have a subscription for. The combination intrigued me but when I looked at the list of ingredients I saw that it was a unbelievably heavy conccotion with plenty of butter and cream- unhealthy and one to leave you feeling unpleasantly stuffed. So I came up with a lighter version and I thought it was very tasty, too.
Fettucelle with truffled asparagus sauce (serves 2)
- 10 white asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a small bit of butter
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone or sour cream or heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ramsons leaves
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil (or more, depending on how strong the truffle scent is)
- 160g fettucelle, linguine or tagliatelle
*I bought mascarpone for making rillettes de saumon but then I ended up making something else with the salmon and now I have to use up the mascarpone in other ways. Expect to find it many of my next posts.