I could drool over Fran Warde's Eat Drink Live, 150 Recipes for Morning, Noon, Night forever and yet, the only thing I have ever made from it is the vegetable couscous. I'm a bit embarassed to tell you this but there you go. The 2007 challenge will hopefully help me do something about it. The chickpea, tomato and pepper salad I made to accompany the barbecued steaks and sausages the other day was a great start, I tought. I swear I'll make the rosemary and lemon roasted chicken next.
Chickpea, tomato and pepper salad (serves 4)
- 5 plum tomatoes, halved and deseeded
- 3 large red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 375 canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- a bunch of flat leaf parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve